Please click on the links to the following FORMS and COACH INFORMATION.
- Accident Report (2 pages)
- Incident Report
- Parents Code of Ethics Forms
- Coach Application and Contract
- Rookie (5&6 year old division) Basketball Rules
- Rules of Play
- Coach Information & Checklist
- NAYS Basketball Coach Training Instruction and Link
- Concussion Training Legal Requirement AB2007
NAYS BASKETBALL COACH INSTRUCTION AND LINK:
All WCYAA Basketball Head Coaches MUST complete the NAYS Basketball Coaching Course to coach a team in our basketball program. The course includes the Initial Course of Coaching Youth Sports as well as the sport specific basketball course. Head coaches MUST also select the CONCUSSION TRAINING option and we recommend the Sudden Cardiac Arrest course. The total cost of these courses is $20 and WCYAA will reimburse you upon proof of completion.
If you have already taken the Initial Course and Basketball portion and provide us proof of same, you will only need to complete the CONCUSSION TRAINING.
Even if you have already taken the NAYS mandated courses, you may wish to take them again to refresh your memory and take advantage of any new course material. WCYAA will reimburse the cost.
We do not accept any other training. Even if you are an experienced coach, you must complete the NAYS courses. They are informative and interesting even for experienced coaches and the Concussion Training course is very important to help ensure the safety of our young players.
The Link is http://www.nays.org
- Go to http://www.nays.org
- Click on Sign Up
- Click on Coach
- Click on Join Now
- Click on Basketball Under 10 or Basketball Under 16. (Almost all of you should choose under 10)
- Click on Concussion Training
- Click on Sudden Cardiac Arrest (optional)
- Click on Bullying Prevention Training (optional)
- Complete Registration
- Complete Courses
- Send Proof of Completion to WCYAA for reimbursement. (you will receive a completion certificate from NAYS which you can forward via email to us with the address you wish reimbursed to be sent.
Below is a link for your reference if you have any issues with NAYS registration.
CALIFORNIA LAW REQUIRES COMPLETION OF CONCUSSION COURSE.
CALIFORNIA LAW ALSO REQUIRES THAT IF AN ATHLETE WHO IS 17 YEARS OF AGE OR YOUNGER WHO HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM ATHLETIC ACTIVITY DUE TO A SUSPECTED CONCUSSION, THE YOUTH SPORTS ORGANIZATION SHALL NOTIFY A PARENT OR GUARDIAN OF THAT ATHLETE OF THE TIME AND DATE OF THE INJURY, SYMPTOMS OBSERVED, AND ANY TREATMENT PROVIDED TO THAT ATHLETE FOR THE INJURY.