Normally, we open basketball registration in June. However, this year due to the fact that we cannot get confirmation of our gym time rental from the city and the school district involved until August/September, we have decided to use a waitlist to make sure that everyone that wants to play can sign up now and have priority when our regular registration opens. This procedure also gives us more input on how much gym time we will need for games and practices. We appreciate your cooperation.
WE HOPE TO HAVE FINAL APPROVAL IN THE NEXT WEEK OR TWO ON GYM USE FROM THE CITY AND SCHOOL DISTRICT.
Here is how it works:
- Go to the basketball page on this site and click on it.
- Click on “Register” at the division you wish to register your child
- A “Sportability”page will appear with “Join the Waitlist” at the top of the page (PLEASE IGNORE “THE SORRY, UNRESTRICTED REGISTRATION IS FULL” AT THE TOP)
- Click on “Join the Waitlist” and complete the information requested.
- Click on the “disclaimer” box and the “submit” box
If the “Register” link is not yet red on the Basketball page, you can go directly to the WCYAA home page and click on “register online” at the right side of the page and click on the division you want.
We are still working on the site. Information on the “Basketball Flyers” is correct. Rookie basketball will begin December 3, 2020. Grades in our other divisions are as of September 2022. Ratings Day for 5th/6th Grade Boys is October 22, 2022. The season for non-rookie league players starts November 12 for Boys and November 13 for Girls. The season ends on February 8 or February 9, 2023. Championship games in those divisions which have championship games will be held on February 11, 2023.